Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Playing Major Catch Up

Wow do I have a lot to catch up on! Since the last time I wrote I have had surgery, I graduated from school, Matt finished another semester of school, we went on vacation, I celebrated my 22nd birthday, we celebrated our 2nd anniversary, and many more things I am sure I am forgetting. 

In March we got a new bedroom set and I helped Matt move all of our old stuff into the guest room the night before. The day our furniture was delivered I lifted and moved some more stuff around to set the room up the way I wanted it. That night I woke up in a lot of pain and the next day I realized the small hernia that I already had was much bigger than it was before. I finally decided it was time to see a doctor about it and I was having surgery by the end of the week. (It was super fast, but I had to make sure I was going to be 100% before our cruise in April-- more on that in the next post!) They ended up finding not only one but two hernias, one on each side, so they fixed them both while they were in there. Matt was great and took very good care of me and while I was all cooped up in the recliner Mya was my snuggle buddy. :)

My "not so little any more" Mya


Like I mentioned Matt and I both finished another semester of school... I just happened to be lucky enough that it was my LAST! Yay! So I have officially graduated and am on my way to becoming an RN. It has been quite the roller coaster ride the last two years with school, but it has been a very good experience. In a weird way I am going to miss it but I am also very grateful that it is over. And the graduation celebration cruise was more than worth it! :)

My birthday weekend is filled with a few other family birthdays, so we spent a lot of time with family. I of course did not take any pictures (shame on me..) but it was a very good weekend. We went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday and my dad's birthday and the next day we went out to lunch with Matt's family to celebrate his sister's, dad's and my birthday. We love weekends full of family time!

Our anniversary fell on a Monday this year and Matt had to work, so we kept it pretty simple. But simple is good-- in my opinion. Matt was able to get off early and we headed up to one our favorite restaurants Los Cucos and we decided to shop at Ikea a little bit. Afterwards we relaxed a little bit before Matt played some softball that evening. Like I said nothing extraordinary but just getting to spend the day together works for me! I cannot believe it has been two years already since our wedding day! It has both flown by and seems like it has been so much longer. We never have a dull moment and I love every second of it. I wouldn't change it for the world. I love you babe, and can't wait for many more years to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment