Sunday, August 25, 2013

The dreaded NCLEX....

Last week I took my big, huge, ugly, scary, (insert any bad adjective here...) NCLEX. I have been preparing for this day since nursing school started and it was my last step before I could begin working as a Registered Nurse. I stressed myself out  to the max and might have even had a slight melt down the morning of my test (I blame most of the melt down on hormones, but regardless it still happened..). I got to the testing center and 220 something questions later my test shut off and the wait began to see if I passed. Matt took me to lunch to try to keep my spirits up, but lets be honest, I was pretty blah all afternoon. 

7:00 the next morning I checked online and guess what I saw???


Its official! I can now add RN after my name. The best feeling in the world is when years of hard work finally pays off. I am so grateful for all the support my husband and family gave me through all the crazy and hard times. (and many meltdowns too, of course)

Now I am determined to find myself  a good book to read that has absolutely no educational value to it. :)

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! How cool to pass that off your list. Come over and we'll celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karly! Congratulations!! I was hoping you would be willing to answer a quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail.com that would be great!

    ReplyDelete